A live connection between broadcast programming and TV Apps
Broadcast Interactivity brings Internet-enhanced television to millions of consumers across the world's most popular TV brands. This new feature will offer a real-time interactive entertainment experience across major network and cable TV programs. Broadcast Interactivity provides engaging, actionable experiences for people watching TV, with just a simple remote control.
Examples of Broadcast Interactivity
- Mercedes-Benz - Consumers watching a 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class TV Ad, will be prompted to view and interact with information, pictures and videos for the 2012 Mercedes C-Class Sedan and Coupe.
- Fidelity Investments - When a Fidelity TV Ad plays, TV viewers can watch a video demo of the Fidelity iPad app and download it immediately by using the QR code displayed on the TV screen.
- Sony - When watching a Sony camera, tablet or 3D TV
Ad, TV viewers can vote for the product feature that is most important to them.
For example, what is most important to you when selecting a camera? Low light
Shooting, Fast Shutter Speed or Interchangeable Lens
- Showtime - Showtime Boxing fans could access detailed fight information including photos and videos, test their knowledge of boxers and vote for the boxer they think will win the match.
- HSN - Shoppers watching HSN could directly purchase an item highlighted on the show, accessing real-time inventory data and taking advantage of specials of the day, using their remote control